Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Game theory

I have read a few posts on game theory at http://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/category/game-theory/ and I got so many ideas from there, that I had to share some of them.
Game theory apears so often in my life that the situations are really endless. Thinking only in relationships how many times it aplies and in how many ways, it would take a whole book. I will just stop at the most recent situation and ask some questions, in case anyone would like to share experiences.
Scenario: Boy meets girl, they start this game of questions, answers, comments, and none of them knows exactly what the other wants, thinks and where the discussion is going.
Should one initiate a discussion about the rules of the game or at least what kind of game it is, the fun is gone. But also playing without knowing is difficult because things can be missinterpreted and can lead to the ending of the game before it began.
What to do, what to do?

No comments: